CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Aku MeNuLis BuKaN KeRNa NaMa

I'M NOT WEIRD, I'M SPECIAL EDITION.... WOHOOOOO!!!!!!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

down syndrome center

to tell the truth, I'm actually really scared with down syndrome child.. since i was a kid.. but now, i cant escape from dealing with this special people..like today, all the 3rd yr students need to go to down syndrome center to build rapport and choose a patient for our clinic... luckily, i got a mosiac down syndrome's patient... mosiac down syndrome is actually one type of syndrome down. kid with this type of syndrome down is much more intelligent compared to the other type of syndrome down (i cant remember the other 2).  my patient got a mild mental retardation. she can talk quite well and have no behavior problem. although i got this patient, i need to be friend with the other kids in that center. just now, one of the kid screaming besides me, i am totally shock. when i tried to play with her, she played a little bit rough. although i just smile, my heart pounding fast. (the truth, i'm scared with her)

i think one of the reasons why I'm scared with down syndrome kids is because when i'm was in primary school, one of down syndrome kids chased me from their building to my class buiding..that kid is very tall and has microencephaly. i'm almost cried on that time. i got chased by these kid twice. that why, when i went to canteen, i went through different building, although it is a bit far. 

but, from now on, i need to get rid all of this unprofessional behavior..  be brave all the time. help my patient sincerely and always committed n try to help them as much as i can. i hope i can cope with this new environment quickly coz there is no more time...


No comments:

Post a Comment